Monday, April 13, 2009

Proposal for Interaction with the Community

My concept is one of the more difficult concepts to relate to an activity with which I would interact with my community. My goal is to show how students' education regarding famous Native American figures is inadequate. I wish to use a worksheet, one that would require my peers to recognize and match several famous figures in American history, as well as famous Native American figures, to their corresponding names. I hope to use this research to prove that students know little of Native American figures and may recognize the names of these figures but do not fully understand or realize their importance in American history as well as they may know of figures in United States' history.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting idea. I think that not many people (myself included) do not know much about Native American history and while doing this you are doing a community interaction and also educating people on Native American history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea because it will put a face to the name and make us realize more about what Native Americans went through and how important they are to or history. Teachers do not have enough time to teach us stuff like this, and it will really help people grasp were America's foundation came from without using facts and using emotions. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool. it'll be interesting to see how much people know!

    ReplyDelete